Wholesale Catalouge :: Custom Playing Cards  :: Privacy Policy

© 2013 The United States Playing Card Company. All Rights Reserved. Bicycle®, "Bee"®, Tally-Ho®, Aviator®, Streamline®,
Maverick®, Po-Ke-No®, KEM®, and Hoyle® are registered trademarks of The United States Playing Card Company.

January 1867

A. O. Russell, Robert J. Morgan, James M. Armstrong and John F. Robinson Jr. formed a partnership and purchased from the proprietors of The Cincinnati Enquirer what was then known as the Enquirer Job Printing Rooms, which occupied the first and second stories of the building at 20 College Street in Cincinnati, Ohio. The firm commenced business as Russell, Morgan & Co., referring to the two printers in the partnership.


While on College Street, the firm printed theatrical and circus posters, placards and labels. By 1872, the business had increased so much, it was forced to seek larger quarters, and in November 1872, it moved into a new, four-story building on nearby Race Street in downtown Cincinnati.