Owning and managing a successful Cartridge World
franchise with my husband for 10 years
has provided me with in-depth knowledge of
small business administration, highlighting
the importance of establishing and maintaining
excellent client relationships.
Previous employment includes roles as a
Analyst Programmer, Customer Service Consultant,
IT Help Desk Manager and State Operations Manager.
- Twenty years experience in IT in various analyst, programming and management roles
- High level computer skills including Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint
- Strong business experience consulting with small, medium and large businesses in both the private and government sectors
- Enjoy problem solving and helping people with excellent attention to detail
February 2012 - Present Bookkeeper / Help Desk at Compunets Pty Ltd
Compunets is an IT solution provider for small and medium businesses.
- All administration required in a small business, using MYOB as our accounting package
- Provide Help Desk support to customers
September 2001 - 2013 Owner / Manager of Cartridge World Richmond
Cartridge World is a franchise that sells both new and recycled printer cartridges.
- All administration required in a small business, using Quickbooks as our accounting package
- Provide technical assistance and advice to customers
- Local area marketing including maintaining, strengthening and marketing to our customer database
- Manage sales and financial targets
- Increase annual turnover by 30%
- Create customer database, and established monthly e-card marketing campaigns
January 1993 – December 1997
Numerous contract IT positions in the computing and service departments of Commonwealth Employment Services, Data Action, Faulding, SGIC, Adelaide City Council and SA Gas Co. Roles included technical writing, project managing a major migration from Macintosh to Windows environment, introducing and developing OHS policies and procedures and establishing an IT Help Desk.
January 1977 – November 1992 Mayne Nickless Computer Services
Mayne Nickless Computer Services was a payroll bureau, processing approx 80,000 wages per week for over 500 South Australian businesses. Starting as a computer programmer, and moving into help desk support, training and consulting roles, I spent the last 5 years as State Operations Manager.